Sunday, April 12, 2009

Been a while


So, it's been a while since my last post. I apologize. In fact, I've probably lost all my followers as a result. For that, I need to apologize to myself, I guess.

We are still at the "finally took down the walls" phase in our home remodel excursion. However, we've managed to maintain our composure despite the absence of "real" furniture, a kitchen we can cook in and the office (instead of bedroom) that we sleep in.

As we approach one full year in this lovely home, Kyle and I have discussed our plan moving forward.... Which is- "Just get it done already!"

Our remodel continued to be postponed because we were too busy. Literally. Kyle works full-time on our EIGHTDAY Studio business (www.eightdaystudio.com if you haven't already checked us out); Work, school and working on the sidelines for our company with Kyle has been keeping me busy. Now, after our first year anniversary, maybe we can start focus on finishing it rather than ignoring it.

First year anniversary, you say? Ah yes. That was a delight. Kyle surprised me by taking me back to the Skirvin Hotel (where we had our 2nd wedding reception). We stayed in another honeymoon suite, at chocolate covered strawberries, watched "Marley and Me," drank champagne, meandered over to Red Prime Steakhouse for dinner and laid in bed forever. It was delightful. But, now back to work...

So, the picture in this post has absolutely NOTHING to do with our remodel but is a reminder for me of how lucky I am to have married my best friend.

Hopefully next time, you'll see something happening on our home. But, I can't promise anything until my contractor calls me back!

No comments: