Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baby Registry

Talk about a tedious and daunting experience.

Kyle and I went registry shopping. First, we hit up Baby's "R" Us. Not only did I find the breast pump decision confusing and scary but the bottle decisions are endless. I plan to breastfeed our little boy until 6 months if I can bear it. But, daddy's going to need to step in at some point. But, I hear you don't know what your baby will want in a bottle until they try them out. Needless to say, our registry contains more bottle options than anything else. A sterilizer, bottle brush, drying rack...? Holy crap. The list is endless.

Babies "R" Us ended up being the store we registered our "necessities" at. So, the receiving blankets, cloth diapers, onesies, medical and grooming kits -- you get the idea.

Then, we went to Storkland (a local OKC store). We found our modern crib and furniture, our German-made (ridiculously expensive) stroller with a reversible handlebar, hand break, custom fabric and "cool" wheels (so Kyle calls them).

Lastly, we found modernnursery.com. Hallelujah! Finally, some non-country, modern-looking patterns and earth-friendly options. Granted, the prices are steep, but it will be worth it to keep our nursery decor what we had hoped, a highchair that fits in with our new remodel (and won some sort of prestigious award in the Netherlands) and a sweet looking swinger and rocker. (see photos)

I know anyone who reads this who has children will think "it won't matter once he's here." But, please trust me, it will. I honestly did not find anything (pattern-wise) at any of the national chains that we can look at for less than a minute and stay sane. So, if you're reading this and you're coming to one of my three showers, please, please, please follow our registry. I know the plain white and tan outfits aren't as "cute" as you would have hoped, but unless we're desperate and our house burnt down and there was nothing else to keep him warm, we won't put him in any bunny-eared pajamas, choo choo train pants and tops or anything with bows.

I mean, we're parents! We finally get to call the shots for once!

Our crib


Bedding


High chair


My personal favorite, a sick rocker

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you getting baby furniture from the future?? the high chair looks like it's from the Jetsons! pretty cool

Marlajc said...

Love the bedding…the crib is cute…not quite sure about that high chair though :-) and what in the world is a “sick rocker” don’t mommy and daddy’s cuddly lap work anymore :-)

Make sure you respond to the email I sent you with info needed for your “virtual” shower. Everyone in PDX is getting excited about attending! I sure hope Skype works! I’ve already talked with many who plan on coming! It will be a fun time. Oh and by the way, we’ll be toasting you with our wine and beer…you can join in after the birth :-) Love Ya!!!

crystaljc3 said...

Yes Ronda... The baby furniture IS from the future. :) I hope you get to come down when he's born!

Mom, you crack me up. He'll have plenty of time in our laps and arms, believe me.

Unknown said...

I love the white crib. Need to add that to my baby registry.