Monday, September 21, 2009

It's true... I'm pregnant!

The rumors are true. Crystal and Kyle are pregnant. Well, mostly Crystal. I'm at week 12 and I've had morning sickness since week 6 (although I strongly recommend society modify that title to "all-day sickness").

Kyle and I told his parents last week by putting an "I'm a big brother" t-shirt on Spaz -- since he already IS a big brother to Sparkz -- and an "I'm going to be a big brother 2!" t-shirt on Sparkz. Bill's jaw-dropping face was priceless. Connie was focused on making dinner so she was the second one to see the shirts. Hugs all around.

So we then flew out to Portland to tell my mom and dad. My mom screamed and my dad just sat in shock. Hmmm. Three shocks and one scream. No one was expecting this news!

Kyle and I went off to tell our sisters. Ronda (my 22-year-old sister) cried, and so did Kara (Kyle's sister). She said she had to reapply her make-up before heading to work. We thought it was odd that our sisters cried but our parents had that deer-in-the-headlights look. To top it off, Angela (my 19-year-old sister) just looked at us like we were crazy until she realized that was probably a rude thing to do, so she congratulated us. Oh well. What can you expect from a girl focused on boys and college and more boys...?

We know everyone is excited, but I think they were all more in shock when we told them. See, we've positioned ourselves as being on the "5 year plan." But, our purpose in doing that was so if we decided to take 5 years before having kids no one would be disappointed. Then, if we decided to have kids before that 5 year span was over everyone would be happy.

I think Kyle is more excited than anyone, though. He bought "Mozart's top 100 songs" so he can place headphones on my little, what I call "pooch." How cute. Here are a few photos of the dogs' announcement t-shirts...

Oh yeah, our kitchen is about 95% complete at this point... but who cares about that now anyway? Kidding. You can kind of see where we're at in one of the t-shirt photos Kyle took. Yay kitchen almost done!




No comments: