Monday, July 7, 2008

Exterior Living Space

Kyle and I have a front patio, right? Kyle's not a big fan of hanging out on the porch, but I definitely am! It's fun to watch our neighborhood come alive. I've already seen a few things and witnessed a few people who live on the street and make me start to second guess why we paid money to live in such a strange, but entertaining area. Nonetheless, the people who make up our community seem to give Oklahoma City it's character :)

I'm thinking it's a good thing, though, that Kyle doesn't like hanging around on the front porch as much as I do. This is because I had a girlfriend come over last Wednesday night to have a couple Corona's and watch the sunset (and the neighborhood action). So, I stopped by Wally World on my way home from work and picked up a couple inexpensive patio chairs. (I hate saying cheap, but they really are cheap). I brought them home and managed to tear off the tags and meticulously place them on the patio before she got here. However, as I tore off the tags, I read one that warns its customers of it's maximum weight. I'm sorry, but even if Kyle was an Olympic decathlete, he would still weigh more than what those chairs allow! I feel bad, so I'm glad they didn't cost much so we can invest in some that hold his little behind without being afraid he'll break the dang thing...

Also, our flowers in front of the home were overgrown and wilting when we moved in. So, in my quest to fulfill my homeownership woman duties, I pulled them all out and planted fresh little flowers. Kyle got home and thought he would be the manly lawn waterer since I had been the gardener... however, we ended up acting like a couple kids with our big water fight and both ended up soaked. So much for being adults!

I did get up a little earlier this morning to water them, so I think Kyle's counting down the days those bad boys will stay alive after I forget my new morning ritual.


5 comments:

Marlajc said...

I'm definitely impressed!!!

sezzell said...

abbeyabbeyHOW EXCITING!!!!
YOU KNOW I LOVE TO WATCH THE "FLIP THIS HOUSE" SHOW....
ALL MY LOVE,
AUNT SHELLEY

Bonnie said...

people watching is the best. especially in your very own neighborhood...

Shana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shana said...

Crystal, your house is so cute! You're so brave to take on such a big project. Is this your main blog? It was nice to hear from you!